Traditionally many companies focus their recruitment
model criteria on hard skills when recruiting (e.g. technical expertise, industry
knowledge, education) often paying less attention to the real factors that determine
success that are harder to quantify.
HR Specialists and recruiters need to select the right
candidates that not only "fit" the role but are able to "fit" with the organisation.
People who will have an impact straightaway and know how to adapt to new people
and situations. Candidates with Business
Emotional Intelligence, who will fly through their probation period and
stay with your organisation for the longer term.
Emotional Intelligence is about how individuals manage
both themselves and others. It is about understanding and gaining an accurate insight
into an individual's motivation to succeed. This includes how to make decisions,
why people behave the way they do and how to maximise performance.
Being able to recruit and select for Business Emotional
Intelligence ensures orgnisations are focusing on the 'real' human factors that
determine success (Resilience to
pressure, controlling critical emotions, motivation to succeed, decision making,
understanding others etc). This is the key to human capital management.
By assessing for Business Emotional Intelligence you
will be able to:
- Stop losing money from bad recruitment decisions
- Improve the caliber of new employees
- Build stronger and more productive teams
- Increase sales and productivity
- Reduce accidents, fraud and absenteeism
For over 10 years forward-looking consultants and organisations
worldwide have been assessing Business Emotional Intelligence using the EBW Psychometric
System to recruit better leaders and more productive teams.
Why are you not doing the same?
Why you should be assessing Business Emotional Intelligence when recruiting?
Business Emotional Intelligence
is about candidates' ability to know how to manage themselves and others to maximise
their success in the workplace.
Research shows, "clarity" in thinking and "composure"
in stressful or chaotic situations, is what separates top performers from weak performers
in the workplace.
Using the EBW Emotional Intelligence System for Business,
saves time and money by focusing on a candidates' Business Emotional Intelligence
and predicting their success by:
- Benchmarking candidates against their peers (directors,
senior managers etc)
- Evaluating their motivation to succeed and their
resilience to pressure
- Revealing if the candidate is overly cautious or
is prone to taking excessive risks
- Assessing their leadership ability, their way of
influencing others and making decisions
- Examining their adaptability and team-working style
- Revealing if they can control their emotions (anger,
- Showing how candidates manage emotions & behaviours
that predict success (Business Emotional Intelligence) in different situations
PLUS the EBW System has a unique Impression Management Tool (IMT) that reveals what the
candidates do not want you to know.
- How good an impression are they trying to make?
- Are they attempting to fix their assessment answers?
- Are they being honest with themselves?
The IMT tool ensures that you can be confident that the
EBW always provides reliable insights into a candidate?s Business Emotional Intelligence
during the recruitment process
Benefits for Recruiters/Managers
- Provides accurate candidate insights that can?t be
accurately assessed through an interview (e.g. stress resilience, decision making,
motivation to succeed, ...)
- Candidates? assessment results are compared against
their peers (Directors, IT Graduates etc.), making it easy to compare candidates
and choosing the right the candidate for the job
- it generates a candidate's recruitment report, that
has a semi-structured interview guide, with unique focused questions which enables
smarter use of time for busy managers/recruiters
- With its unique IMS tool it reveals to recruiter
how honest the candidate is trying to be
Benefits for Organisations
- Reduces the risk of making a poor recruitment decision
or accusation of unfair discrimination.
- Standardizes the approach to the recruitment making
it efficient way to recruit new employees.
- Saves screening costs and interview time.
- Flexible system ensures it will fit all organization?s
- Reports can be generated from EBW portfolio or designed
for individual organizations or market sectors.
- Recognising potential early.
- More appropriate training and development planning.
- Increased workforce retention.Increased workforce